What is hospice?
Our hospice care services prioritize patient comfort and dignity, with a focus on compassionate and individualized care. We offer a range of services including pain management, emotional and spiritual support, and bereavement support for families. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help during this difficult time.
Hospice Care Eligibility
Hospice care is a valuable option for patients with life-limiting or terminal illnesses. To be eligible for hospice care services, two key criteria must be met:
Prognosis: The patient’s primary care physician must certify a prognosis, or life expectancy, of six months or less. This means that the patient’s illness is advanced and curative treatments are unlikely to significantly prolong their life.
Treatment: The patient must have completed all curative therapies or treatments and be no longer receiving them. Hospice care is focused on comfort and symptom management rather than curative treatments.
At our hospice, we believe that every patient deserves compassionate and individualized care, tailored to their unique needs and preferences. We work closely with patients and their families to develop a care plan that prioritizes comfort and dignity, and we provide a range of services, including pain management, emotional support, spiritual care, and bereavement support for families.
If you believe your loved one may be eligible for hospice care services, please contact us today to discuss your options and learn more about how we can support you during this difficult time.
When to consider hospice
When considering hospice care for a loved one, there are several signs and symptoms to look out for. Some of these include:
- Requiring more help or assistance with daily needs
- Loss of awareness of surroundings
- Significant weight loss
- Incontinence of bladder or bowels
- Recurrent infections
- Pressure ulcers
If you notice any of these signs or symptoms in your loved one, it may be time to consider hospice care. It’s important to make an appointment with your primary care physician to discuss your loved one’s care needs and request support.
Hospice services are never billed to the patient or family, regardless of their insurance status.
Our mission is to provide services to all terminally-ill patients, regardless of ability to pay.
Always available 24/7, 365 days. On-call nurses are just a phone call away.
Benefits of hospice care
- Skilled professionals: Our team includes hospice nurses, social workers, chaplains, home health aides, and volunteers who visit patients at their residence. These professionals are highly trained and experienced in providing compassionate care and support to patients and families.
- 24-hour support: We provide an on-call hospice nurse, 24-hours a day, to ensure that patients and families have access to support and care whenever they need it.
Pain and symptom management: We provide medications for pain and symptom management related to the patient’s terminal illness. This helps to ensure that patients are comfortable and able to enjoy the highest possible quality of life during their final days.
Durable medical equipment and supplies: We provide durable medical equipment and supplies as needed to ensure that patients have access to the equipment and supplies they need to manage their symptoms and maintain their comfort.
Counseling and spiritual support: We offer counseling and spiritual support for patients and families to help them cope with the emotional and spiritual challenges of a terminal illness.
- Respite care: We provide respite care for caregivers, giving them a much-needed break and helping to prevent burnout.
Anticipatory grief support: We offer anticipatory grief support for all family, friends, and loved ones, helping them to prepare for the loss of their loved one and cope with their grief.
The Cost of Care
At our hospice, our mission is to provide compassionate care and support to all terminally-ill patients, regardless of their ability to pay. We believe that every patient deserves access to high-quality end-of-life care, regardless of their financial situation.
We are able to offer our services to patients through a variety of funding sources, including:
- Medicare hospice benefit: Medicare covers hospice care for patients who meet certain eligibility criteria. This includes coverage for medical and support services related to the patient’s terminal illness.
- Medi-Cal hospice benefit: Medi-Cal also covers hospice care for eligible patients. This includes coverage for medical and support services related to the patient’s terminal illness.
- Insurance plans: Most insurance plans, including HMOs, PPOs, and private insurance plans, provide coverage for hospice care. Patients and families should check with their insurance provider to determine their specific coverage.
- Managed care organizations: We work with a variety of managed care organizations to provide hospice care to eligible patients.
Regardless of the funding source, hospice services are never billed to the patient or their family. We are committed to providing compassionate care and support to all patients, regardless of their insurance status or ability to pay.
If you have questions about the cost of hospice care or how to access our services, please don’t hesitate to contact us.